“World Savings Day” campaign, objective is to provide Mongolian Financial Stability, develop financial market to increasing citizen participation in the financial market wisely and improve financial access, was organized successfully by Bank of Mongolia, Mongolian Bankers Association and Savings Bank of Federal Republic of Germany in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia.
For this year, the campaign was held under the slogan “Saving Money” and TransBank participated as follows.
- To improve the financial literacy of public and make positive understanding through the series of financial psychology videos.
- Creative content contest were announced for the students in order to increase the understanding and importance of saving money.
- Guidance book of saving money to the customers of TransBank branches “Shangri-La” and “Urt Tsagaan”.
- The scope of social responsibility, TransBank organized the good deeds “The educated citizen” and “Share positivity”. In the framework of “Share positivity” project, we helped for the non-governmental organization “Nogoon Nuur Garden” which is located in between of 12th khoroo and 13th khoroo, Chingeltei district with the populations of 30,000. In the framework of “The educated citizen” project, we enhanced the book areas and donated English and Mongolian books of science, knowledge and fiction to the over 1600 students of 124th high school in Songinokhairkhan district, over 300 students of 29th Special secondary school and “Bumbardai” children’s library which was established voluntary by Khishigt S. who is 60 year-old resident of 10th khoroo, Bayanzurkh district contributing to the intelligence development of children.
- Financial lectures “To create savings efficiently” was held to over 2500 students of National University of Mongolia, University of Finance and Economics, University of Humanities, Mongolian State University of Arts and Culture, Mongolian National University of Medical Science and Shine Mongol high school and during the lecture we introduced the National symbol of savings, distributed expenditure and revenue handbooks and family budget books.
- To increase the visitors and participants of World Savings Day event, the kids' storytelling “The Smartest Giant in town” and the workshop of handmade wallet by felt were organized collaborating with the non-governmental organization "Creative Bamboo".